This is an archived post taken from the March 2013 edition of KrantzWellness News.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek or onion washed and chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 large bunch of spring greens (arugula, chard, spinach, or dandelion greens) washed and chopped
- 8 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup of fresh chopped parsley
- dash of salt and pepper
*If you are not eating eggs, the greens can be prepared as a side dish or served with a whole grain (ie. amaranth, quinoa or millet).
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Add 2 Tablespoons olive oil, leeks (or onion), and garlic and saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add greens and saute until they just begin to wilt, about 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs in a large bowl, add 1/4 cup water, dijon mustard, and parsley.
- Add vegetable mixture to eggs, stir to combine and return to skillet.
- Bake in oven proof skillet or glass baking dish for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve hot or room temperature