- Juice and grated peel from 1 lemon
- 2-3 sprigs fresh cilantro, thyme or parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for coating the fennel
- 1 (15 oz) can of cannellini or other white beans (or cooked white beans)
- 2 large or 3 medium fennel bulbs, cored and sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Leafy greens
Heat a grill to medium hot. Whisk together the lemon juice and peel, fresh herbs and oil in a bowl then add in the white beans. Saute the onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes and add it to the mixture. Brush the fennel with olive oil and grill, turning occasionally, until slightly browned on both sides. Remove from the grill and add to the mixture. Toss and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve over a bed of leafy greens.
This recipe is adapted from the book Farm-Fresh and Fast by the Fairshare CSA Coalition.