- 1 head lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 bunch of arugula, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 pint of strawberries, halved
- 1/3 cup of sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Place the lettuce, arugula, and strawberries in a large salad bowl and top with the almonds. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, poppy seeds, salt and pepper. Add the olive oil in a slow stream while whisking. Toss the salad with the dressing immediately before serving.
This recipe is adapted from the book Farm-Fresh and Fast by the Fairshare CSA Coalition.